Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Kansas Carrolls Christmas Special!!!


                 Our family on Christmas morning, fresh out of bed without so much as a comb through our hair. Kaydence is there hiding behind Jason. Our first Christmas w/o Collin but we got through it. Our humble little Christmas tree could only be put up on Christmas eve after the kids went to bed so Aidan wouldn't destroy it.                                  
 We decided to do a small Christmas this year but thanks to such amazing family members we had plenty for the kids to open. I was worried they might be bummed out they didn't get much but there was nothing but pure joy in there hearts about everything they received and they could not have been happier. It was overall a very simple but great Christmas.
               Kaydence is trying out her adorable portable chalkboard, that was lovingly sewed by her aunt Lacey, Kalleigh is checking herself out in her mirror of her super awesome bouncer spinner activity center and Aidan is rocking out on his guitar that has a new faceplate and strap w/ gig bag. They all got lots of clothes and other goodies. It was a really nice Christmas.



5 comments:

Lacey said...

I am so glad she loved her Chalkboard! I loved sewing it for her. Wish we could have been there ourselves! We love you guys. I pray that God gives us the opprtunity soon to com eup and see you.

Bekah said...

WHat a happy little Christmas! I think everyone went 'small-scale" this year but we all had a great time...wish we were all together! The kids are getting so big! It looks like Kalleigh has more hair than ME! She's growing up sooo fast!

Autumn said...

I am so glad you posted pictures!!!! The kids are so big! Aidan has matured alot since his last picture.

The whole thing about Collin is sad- I know how hard it was on both of you!
Somewhere deep inside he understands that we ALL love him!
Those chalkboards were so cool!!!
Good job,Lace!

Bubba said...

Thanks for your post. Sweet pictures, and sometimes those little simple times are the most memorable. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Hey Its sara-
I dont have a comp so I dont have a blog but mom let me use hers. I know Im a lil late with this but your lil christmas made me think of the ones i had growing up. I didnt care about having all the gifts or anything it was just a fun day. I dont remember a single gift that Iv gotten for christmas but I do remeber the days we were all together. Thats the kind of christmas I always want to give my kids.:) yall are a sweet family. so much like the carrolls we were years ago. it really blessed me to see such a humble christmas,and that family was the center not the gifts. I love yall!!!
p.s. love the tree! I think we had the same size.lol